Background of Negotiations between Mohawk Council of Kanesatake and Canada
- 1991-2007: History of the purchase of 3rd party interest to add to the Kanesatake interim land base
- 1994-1995: Management of properties by Canada with Mohawks advisor selected by MCK
- 1999: Property management agreement
- 2001: Amended property management
- The allotment process
- The Jean-Roch Simon case
- 2000: The Land Governance Agreement
- 2001: The Kanesatake Interim Land Base Governance act (S24)
Digitalized information on framework (KILGA)
A digital copy of the Land Governance Act between the Mohawk Council of Kanesatake and Canada.
The document is very large, if you would like to search for a specific option open the file in your default PDF viewer and use “ctrl + f” to open the find tool and use it to search the document. We apologize that some pages in the document are slanted, we are looking into correcting this as soon as possible.