Grants financial support to clients wishing to start up a business within the first year of operation or assist an existing business if the existing business is expanding its current market. Eligible expansions include introduction of a new product/service line and introducing current product/service to a new market.
- The client must meet with the KHRO representative and provide all relevant information pertaining to the establishment and nature of their business.
- The client must provide documentation regarding other funding applications
- The business must be controlled by the individual who requests assistance and must be their only source of income, other than revenues received from the business operation. Individuals employed and operating a business are not eligible
- The client must not have received KHRO, Human Resources Employment & Training funding in the past two years prior to starting their business, unless Self-Employment is part of their active action plan
- The client must fill out a Self-Evaluation form. This form will assist KHRO in assessing to what degree the client is motivated and determined.
- The client must submit his/her resume.
- Business Registration
- Business Plan
- A primary assessment will be completed to determine if the project/client should continue. At this point the client may be directed to take more courses, enter the labour market or abandon the business project.
Please take not that applications for all funding requests must be submitted to KHRO at least 60 days before the official start date of the training to allow for adequate time to review and process the request.
Applications will be approved based on the criteria met and funding availability.
All applications can be found below.